Oct 5, 2016

Old Ways Of Doing Stuff


Old technology was pretty cool. You were not able to drive around in your car while talking on one of these, unless you had a really long cord. They actually worked perfectly. It proved we didn't all need to be connected ALL THE TIME. There used to be things like relaxing and vacations where no one could get a hold of you. Weather I'm driving or standing on the corner, I always look to see if people are on their phones while driving and more times than not they are. Maybe so called, dumb phones are not really all that intelligent after all. Bring back cords and payphones.

4 comments:

Mike Szwarc said...

Working nearly a decade as a 9-1-1 emergency services dispatcher turned me against cellphones. When I started, cellphones were rare, as were emergency calls from cellphones. As cellphones became ubiquitous, of course calls to 9-1-1 became almost constant, not for true emergencies, but for ridiculous complaints just because a person had a cellphone, and wanted to complain about something to someone. I've never owned a cellphone ("smart" or otherwise), and I hope to live what's left of my life without one.

kane said...

Look at you. I'm impressed.

Sarita said...

Well done Mike! I sure miss those long twirly cords, and having to hide in the closet for a bit of privacy...

Sarita said...

Well done Mike! I sure miss those long twirly cords, and having to hide in the closet for a bit of privacy...