Sep 4, 2016

Tommy Kane Tat


My niece Laura lives in Charlotte. She wrote to me the other day with an amazing story. At least I thought it was an amazing story. Laura teaches silks for fun because she is very passionate about it. Silks is a type of aerial gymnastics done while hanging from long strips of fabric. It's all quite Cirque Du Soleil. On a notebook my niece carries around, is a Tommy Kane squirrel sticker. One of her students inquired where she'd gotten the somewhat bizarre sticker. Laura told her about her demented uncle (that would be me). She then informed my niece that her husband had a tattoo on his arm based on the logo of an artist who lives in Manhattan that was identical to my sticker. Turns out that was me too. What a crazy coincidence. Anyhow, Laura got a photo of the arm to prove it was for real. There may be more tattoos out there based on my artwork. This is the first one I was ever informed about.

1 comment:

SNorthcott said...

Your drawings would make excellent Tattoos. Hmmmm, now you have me thinking...