Sep 26, 2016

Death


Everything passes away. That's the way of nature. As the season changes from summer to fall, I watch the leaves and temperature drop. At the ocean I was collecting dried seaweed and the tiny roots of plants that got washed into the ocean. All of this makes me think of the poor animals raised to be food. Unfortunately they don't get to pass away naturally like the leaves on the trees. I did this drawing as a symbol of natural versus forced deaths. I am back in ceramics and as you will soon see, this has started to influence my pottery. Stay tuned.

3 comments:

Serena Lewis said...

A beautiful and touching page spread, Tommy.

I feel very sad when I think of the poor animals whose lives are taken from them unnecessarily, most are babies or very young. :(

Pierre BRODY said...

Merci pour vos dessins et bonne chance pour la céramique. Mais
Ne perdez surtout pas le sens de l'humour ! Bonne journée,
Pierre

fashion shoes said...

hi'
nice post,keep sharing!

some of the best mens shoes available here
oxford style shoes