Jun 6, 2016

Seattle Bound


Yun had business in Seattle. She suggested I come along. In fact, I went a few days early to hang with my nephews who live there. They went to school during the day, so I had plenty of free time to draw and look at stuff. This sketch I did at Ballard docks where all the fishing boats tie up. The sky was this constant moody threat of rain which made for amazing cloud action. I did my own, over the top version of the clouds to enhance how beautiful it was. One day I drove up to a town called Anacortes. It's about 2 hours from Seattle. Then I took the ferry to the San Juan Islands. From there, I went on a whale watching boat to encounter orcas. It turned out to be a great day for seeing them. I was smart enough to shoot video of the day. I put together a short 2 minute film of my trip. I will post it here next. I suggest you watch it. It's very National Geographic.

5 comments:

Susan said...

Love your clouds! Also love that part of the country and watching orcas. Just seems to put everything into perspective.

MK Buike said...

Sounds like you had everything planned. If you're in Seattle again, let us know (USK) as we'd like to meet for another sketch outing. That first one was at Ballard Locks, too! The San Juans are so beautiful and lots to sketch there. It has been a good year for the Orcas as some of the pods have had babies!
--Kate

Deepika Kar said...

The paintings on your website are beautiful with nice use of technique. I visited many art galleries and museums through art culture festival. It offers a lot of useful information.
www.artculturefestival.in

Cindy Dy said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for the effort to publish this.

www.gofastek.com

Cindy Dy said...

So happy to be given a privilege to post a comment here. You have a wonderful site. Thank you for the effort to publish this.

www.gofastek.com