Jun 27, 2016

Anniversary


Recently it was Yun and I's 10th anniversary. We happened to be in Seattle at the time. I was down at the Pike market and noticed the joint was full of peonies for sale. Yun loves them so I bought her one. The problem though, it was 10 in the morning and I wasn't going to see Yun for another 9 hours because she was working. So I had to lug it around with me all day. I thought it would look cool in the hotel room and make her happy. The problem was, it began to melt and die as I handled it hour after hour. So I sat by the Puget Sound and drew the flower for posterity. At one point I ate lunch at a fancyish restaurant and the peony had a chair to itself. The waiters thought I was nuts. Not sure if Yun knows what I went through for my little gesture. When I got to the room, I stuck it in an ice bucket with water and it came back to life. At least I try. 10 years of me is no easy feat but somehow Yun has done it. Clearly I'm the lucky one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 10th !
Ed Beard

Pilgrim said...

Congratulations to both of you!