Apr 25, 2016

Prince


About 20 years ago I was strolling down St. Marks Place in Manhattan. It was early in the morning and no one was around. There used to be a crazy clothing store called Trash and Vaudville. It was where the transvestites and strippers bought their outfits. I saw they were open so I went in to stir my creativity and stare at 12 inch stilettos. The person who ran the place was an older white woman with dreadlocks. It was just me and her. After a few minutes, the door opened and in walked Prince. He was tiny and wildly dressed. I whispered to the nutty woman, "I can't believe it's you, me and Prince." She had no clue what I was talking about. In came a bodyguard who followed behind. Prince never spoke. He would point to certain jackets on the walls without ever looking at the guard. The guard came and got the woman and told her to take those items down while Prince stood next to me. She bagged it up and the guard paid. The door opened and two twenty something girls walked in. They saw him and squealed which sent Prince out the door. As I exited I saw there was a stretch limo out front. Later in the day I read that he was playing Madison Square Garden that night.

6 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Wow, stunning art Kane, and an amazing story too.

kane said...

I'm good like that

Vapid Vixen said...

SO great!

Steven W. Dunn said...

Cool of you to keep your cool.
All of your art is "cool" (showing my age).
Steven

lee woo said...

There are many spokes on the wheel of life.
First, we're here to explore new possibilities. See the link below for more info.


#spokes
www.ufgop.org

Blogger said...

I have just installed iStripper, so I can have the sexiest virtual strippers on my taskbar.