Mar 15, 2016

Vegan


Starting in the beginning of December, I became a strict vegan. First I had a steak dinner at Porter House in NYC with my childhood friends. It will be the last meat, seafood and dairy I will ever have again. A documentary called, Cowspiracy, was the reason I changed my eating habits. It tells the story of how much destruction is caused to the planet and people from the farming of animals for our food. It's worth watching. There is a diner I go to once in a while. It's one of those joints with 300 items on the menu. The new me can now only eat 2 things on the menu. A veggie burger or a salad if they don't put the cheese on. The diner is always packed with hundreds of people, mindlessly chowing down on the same old dishes without much thought. I was the same way pretty much my whole life. I'm glad I made a radical change and the animals of the world are happy I did too.

6 comments:

Yossi said...

Problem is that agriculture is also destroying the subsoil as well as using up lots of nasty pesticides, petroleum etc. Also look up GMO and Monsamto. Perhaps the only answer is starvation.

Serena Lewis said...

This post makes me so happy, Tommy! I have been vegan (for the animals first and foremost) for almost a year now and will never look back. Prior to that, I was Pescetarian for 9 years. I have also watched Cowspiracy which was a real eye-opener as I didn't know about the environmental aspect and just how much devastation the meat and dairy industries are causing to this planet. News is spreading though and it's good to see more people making the change. It's definitely better to be doing something to make a difference than nothing at all.

One of your SBS students,
Serena :)

Gabriella said...

Kuddos! I have not reached that point but do eat less and less meat.

Amanda Erickson said...

Absolutely thrilled for you about the veganism. And thrilled for the animals and the planet. Way to go, and love your art!

redbz said...

nice post. thank you
http://the-artschool.blogspot.com/2016/03/easydrawingsforbeginners.html

lee woo said...

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. See the link below for more info.

#looks
www.ufgop.org