Jan 28, 2016

Adam West


Recently I was at dinner with my friend Tony Gilroy. He asked me if I'd seen the Batmobile. I didn't know what he was talking about. Tony couldn't believe I didn't know it was on display at The New York Historical Society. The very next day, I ran to the place. As I entered the lobby, there it was. Holy smokes, Batman. I asked if it was OK for me to draw it. They said, "only with pencil." Oh no, here we go again. So I sat and drew this with colored pencils. I knew I could do a much better version if I was allowed to use my pens and watercolors. So I went to the front desk and asked to see someone in charge. They called for head of security. When he arrived, I showed him my sketchbook and asked for permission to use ink and paint. He leafed through it and I thought his head would explode. "You can do whatever the hell you want in this museum," is what he told me. Then I set about working with my pens and paints. Pretty soon a couple of security guards came over to watch me. They thumbed through a few of my sketchbooks and they were hooked. Pretty soon a few more guards came from other floors. Someone must have tipped them off. By the end, I had the people at the front desk, the coat check girl and officials looking at my Batmobile drawing. I will post that one I did in pen and watercolor next week.

8 comments:

Jorden Henry said...

Cheap Tulle : I love this! It looks awesome. Nice post!

kane said...

True Dat.

├čeulah ├čee said...

Uniball-man

Marcia said...

Art triumphs inane regulations!

Anonymous said...

For my 12th birthday I got my parents to take me to an auto show where the Batmobile was displayed. Best birthday gift ever.
Ed Beard

kane said...

I'm jealous Ed. Seeing it at 12 would have been off the charts.

Luis Fernando Oliveira said...

I saw it the other day, on my way to the AMNH. Took a bunch of pictures. Almost didn't make to other museum.

cara pesan qnc jelly gamat said...

obat maag
impotensi
penyumbatan pembuluh darah oatak / jantung
obat jantung
obat tumor otak
herbal asma
osteoporosis
obat hepatitis a b c d e alternatif
obat penurun gula darah tinggi
obat menopause
obat penghilang batu empedu
obat stroke alternatif
obat tinggi kolesterol
obat ejakulasi
obat tbc paru
obat pelangsing tubuh
obat pelangsing
tukak lambung