Nov 16, 2015

Democracy


When Yun and I were in Myanmar, we hung out with our friend, Perrie Briskin. Recently she was in town and came to visit us. She gave me a whole bunch of these drawings as a gift. In Myanmar there are tons of little kids who go around selling post cards to the tourists in order to make money. One day Perrie spotted a little boy selling these drawings. He told her he wanted to make his own hand drawn post cards. She was impressed by his entrepreneurial spirit. Perrie thought I would love to have them which I do. I've got about 20 of them. They just held their first real election and Perrie was there to witness history. Hopefully this little artist will grow up in a freer country where he will be able to make a living with his talent.

1 comment:

Mike Szwarc said...

Wonderful!