Jul 6, 2015

Ceramics Postscript



In my ceramics studio there are very few men. There are a lot of housewives, of which I am one. I'm not sure what they thought of me at first. It is not so easy to acclimate, especially when you screw up everything you do. Some of these women are supremely talented. Their works of art in pottery blow my mind. It can be quite intimidating. Ever so slowly I thought I was making some headway but I didn't really know for sure. Rebecca is a quiet, pretty hippy type woman whose pieces are so intricate that she must be some idiot savant. I was so mesmerized by her work that I timidly started to talk to her a few times. At least I could could say hello to her by name. One day, I was standing next to her and staring in disbelief at something she was doing. She looked at me and said in a very low voice,"you know, all the women have been talking about you." SAY WHAT? Rebecca told me that my pieces were starting to make some noise and people kept asking whose work mine was when it came out of the kilns. I was in utter shock and disbelief. These women are super excellent, so this caught me off guard. I was thrilled about it though. I noticed the ladies were using my name and saying hello to me after that. Somehow I had done it and cracked the code. Now I am just another of the groovy housewives making cool ceramics in a scary part of Brooklyn.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty soon they will be asking you if you want to go to Jazzercise and to see Magic Mike Xl.
Ed Beard

kane said...

Can't wait.

unblockedgames said...

Thank you! I have to thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this site.I really hope to check out the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website now !
barbie games| barbiegames| barbie| shooting games| shootinggames| shooting| dora games| doragames| dora
fighting games| fightinggames| fighting| kissing games| kissinggames| kissing| christmas games| christmasgames| christmas

Love KidsTV said...

Thanks for your post. Click to play Plants vs Zombies , Solitaire,Tom And Jerry Games, Brain Games, Happy Wheels , Five Nights At Freddy's

gun mayhem said...

To join the free games you go here. It will have a lot of great games for you that
gun mayhem 3 | can your pet 2
learn to fly 3 | happywheels
tank trouble 3