May 27, 2015

Shwedagon Pagoda



The Shwedagon Pagoda in Yangon was by far the most beautiful sight I've ever seen in my life. That is saying a lot. Before I entered, I did not have any indication of what it was going to be like. The second I set foot inside, my breathe was taken away. One must remove their shoes and socks before entering the grounds. So you walk around barefoot on marble floors, 14 acres worth. There seems to be a hundred temples all interconnected. My eyes hurt trying to take in all the gold and beauty. I surely felt the belief in a higher power wandering around that place. Even my bare feet touching the smooth stones that have been walked on by millions of people gave you chills. You get a tactile connection to the earth. Yun and I went back a second day too because we couldn't really comprehend what we had just seen the first time. I made a little video that I will be posting next time, so be sure and watch it to see what I'm talking about.