May 20, 2015

Kids



Recently a school teacher from Boise, Idaho wrote to me. She told me she was bringing 31 high school art students to New York city for the purpose of seeing all the great art galleries in Manhattan. Christine thought it would be a great idea if they could meet a real artist too. That is where I come in. "Would I agree to be that, said artist?" Hell yeah, I'll meet some crazy kids. We met on the High Line, where I was doing a drawing. They got to see me working on a sketch in progress. I brought along a bunch of my drawing books for them to see first hand. It was a lovely experience for me and maybe for them too. They do have a very smart teacher, that's for sure.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good to share your experiences with the students. How lucky they are.

kane said...

They didn't seem to care too much. I like that about teenagers.

Gabriella said...

Good for them, and you! This is surely an experience everyone will remember fondly. About eight years ago I had my students (in France) ask an author (in the US) about her books. I think they all enjoyed it.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh, there is a bad kid doing "Bunny Ears" behind your head.

Ed Beard

essayservice said...

Are you dreaming of better job? Tryessayservice.info and you'll achieve your aim.