Apr 24, 2015

Man Mo Temple



There are a bunch of really old Buddhist Temples in Hong Kong. The most famous being, the Man Mo Temple. I hung out for about 2 hours drawing this. It was difficult because there is so much sandalwood incense burning that it is nearly impossible to breath. Most people enter for about 10 minutes to pray. I'm talking about thousands of incense sticks burning, some of them quite huge. At points, it is hard to just see 2 feet in front of you. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. It is actually amazing to walk into this kind of atmosphere. Your senses are assaulted from all directions. I loved it even though I was going to pass out at any minute. Of course, the old ladies all greeted me and took an interest in my drawing. Must be my Axe cologne.

3 comments:

Darlene Campbell said...

Uh, oh I wouldn't be able to stay because of the incense, but the Axe cologne sounds nice. Glad you stuck it out and got this great drawing.Cheers-Darlene

Ivga Stark said...

A piece of advice to you, pay much attention to your time managment, it's really necessary and helpful, if you want to make a success. You can hire a first class writer from 1st writing service, who will care of your writing tasks.

Aysun Altindag said...

I spent just half an hour because of it was going to close. And done a quick skecth, watched people's praying rituals and I tried to catch all the details. The smell was really very heavy for me. I coulnd't imagine staying there for 2 hours!