Apr 17, 2015

Chinese Wetmarket Workers



I was wondering what would be a good way to honor all the people getting kicked out of their shops and stalls in Hong Kong's wetmarket. So I figured I would draw a bunch of them for everyone to see. There are so many crazy characters with incredible faces. Each one I did , I sketched secretly so they didn't know what I was up to. When a local would stop by to see what I was drawing, they would laugh and tell me they knew exactly who each person was. One day I was showing Yun the streets. So many people were saying hello to me that my wife must think that I go around paying people to greet me so I look important to her. She can't fathom how I can land in some foreign place and suddenly have a million friends and acquaintances. Drawing gives me an in, plus I have unique people skills.

1 comment:

Darlene Campbell said...

You're cracking me up from post to post. Appreciate your storytelling as much as your art. Cheers-Darlene