Dec 1, 2014

Why?



Why? I was asked that many times while I drew this in the Museum of Natural History in New York. Why did you crop the bottom of this animal's head off? Why did you make the horns so big and crazy? As an artist, I want to push myself and give myself challenges. Also I want to crack myself up. Art is a grind but it is also rewarding. There is no better feeling than making a great drawing. It makes me feel relevant in the old art world. I passed a diorama inside the museum with this giant Koodoo staring at me. In an instant, I had a vision of doing this drawing. I believe that is called, a breakthrough.

6 comments:

sherylmcdougald said...

Why? Because it is awesome. :)

Jennifer McLean said...

well, he's gorgeous peeking just over the page edge. I'd not have asked why, but WHY NOT? ;o)

kane said...

Groovy

Kathy said...

I love this. He looks like me in the morning. And often when I wake up and face my day, I ask, "Why?" I really love the fact the horn is asking the *Q*uestion.

Anonymous said...

When you saw a rack of KOODOO horns like that there is nothing else you COULD DO.
Ed B

obat Ulkus duodenum said...

thank you