Oct 13, 2014

Famous Sites



The cool thing about traveling the world is seeing something super famous. Over the years on the streets of New York, I've run into Woody Allen, Meryl Streep, Robert DeNiro, Mary Tyler Moore, Prince, David Bowie, Dolly Parton, Liza, and Jay Leno to name a few. It's always surprising when it happens. The same goes for famous sites. When I rounded that corner past the little alleyway and the Leaning Tower appeared to me. I was taken aback. The thing is so famous, it's like seeing Marlon Brando or something. It gets me every time. Strolling into the room and there is the "David." It never gets old. The Eiffel Tower, Mount St. Michel, Angor Wat and the Forbidden City. I get such a rush seeing these things the very first moment of impact. There is still plenty of time left for me to see all the wonders of the world. As long as I don't visit New Jersey, I will continue to see groovy things. Next stop, the world's greatest rubber band ball museum in Indiana. Yeah right.

2 comments:

Liberty said...

SUPER !

7891samoth said...

I really can relate to what you're saying! It reminds me of the first time i saw the Sydney opera house - Going to australia some five years ago was my first major trip, and there's just something magical about seeing these iconic things that you only know from movies and so on.