Sep 8, 2014

Tattooed Salmon







I was in Seattle recently as everyone knows. Last time I was there, my friend and fellow artist, Sue Rose, took me to Pottery Northwest. She has taken me there in the past. They have a fundraiser each year to raise funds to keep the place going. I get to paint a platter. Not just a regular painting but I get to paint with glazes. When I'm done the clay platter gets fired in the kiln. When it's fired, the rich colors come out. I always try to create an artwork that has something to do with Seattle. This time, as you can see, I did a sockeye salmon who happens to be covered in tattoos. Here you can see the drawing I did for myself as a study. Then you can see how I translated it as a painting. After it is fired I will post a photo of it all done.

4 comments:

Zoe, ontheroad said...

Wonderful work, generous contribution.

winna said...

a fish I will never forget for sure...what a genius idea !

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社

Kim McCann Henry said...

We were at the Pottery Northwest Salad Bowl, and I fell in love with your platter! It holds a place of honor in our home. Great job, Tommy!