Aug 4, 2014

Modern Renaissance



I often wonder what type of paintings the Renaissance painters would do if they were alive today. While at the beach, I came upon a beautiful scene. When I looked, I thought, Rafael would have wanted to paint this. The women were all positioned so perfectly. It was as if someone had gone about posing them. I was drawing quickly hoping no one would move. When I was done sketching, I was very pleased with myself. This is one of my best drawings ever. I love it. Now if only I could paint this, now that would be something.

7 comments:

Caroline Bogush said...

I love sketching people at the beach! Yours came out beautifully! I'm surprised they stayed still for so long!

kane said...

There was a lot of moving but I just made it happen.

Anonymous said...

Ugh!

Rod MacGregor said...

Surpising they moved at all!

Mridula said...

Beautiful!

kane said...

It tis.

Darlene Campbell said...

I'm sure I saw them a the convenience store last week. One of them has a new tattoo though. Love your blurb on this.
Cheers-Darlene