May 3, 2014

Sketching In The Wild



My new thing is drawing at the Museum of Natural History in Manhattan. I've been doing it for a while now. I even got myself a membership. Now I stroll in and out like I own the place. There's a quite a few drawings I have made. This is the first. I also made a little video which I'll post soon. You can see me in action. You'll notice I'm using a new style treatment for the lettering of my dumb writings. It's a lot more painful to do but it looks cool so I just endure doing it. More of these animal things to follow.

5 comments:

Buzz Bain said...

Love the new lettering! Nice to have that Natural History VIP strut goin'on!

erma said...

I love your lettering too! And your drawings are always great. I bought your book, showed the class (they went out and bought too.) I know it takes a long time to do your new letters (I do calligraphy.), but it all looks terrific.

kane said...

It's nice because nothing moves in the museum. Everyone sits still while posing.

Buzz Bain said...

You want still check out a chess tournament. Almost like statues!

Fallingladies said...

wow, my first time visiting here, i love the contrast of the blue ink drawing with the black ink and the postage stamps added. so cool looking!!