Apr 6, 2014

Finally A Book



The thing about doing a book is the anticipation of it finally being done. It was such a long difficult haul. So many things went wrong for me. I also must say that a lot of things went right for me also. Tracking down all the artwork was a nightmare. Many files I had were not high resolution enough. The originals were long gone. A hard drive of mine crashed and lost a lot of my drawings. It was heartbreaking and a lesson too. But in the end, I got want I needed. At one point, about 7 really good paintings of mine that had been sold over the years, were missing from my hard drives. This might seem crazy but I went into my Etsy files and found the e-mails of all the people who owned the originals. I wrote to each of them and told them of my dilemma. I needed them to unframe each painting and take it to a place that could do a high resolution scan for me. You know what? They all did it. The kindness of people is amazing. It took forever to design the book and figure out what was to go where. Then I had to select just the right stories. I did all the mechanicals myself. I retouched every drawing. It was a year in the making. I know every minute detail of the book inside and out. So when I finally got an advance copy in my hands, I was so excited but something strange happened though. When I opened it, there was no surprises. It was exactly as I imagined it to be. So I guess what I'm saying, is that it must be more exciting for someone seeing it without a clue of what's in it at all. The joy I get now is watching someone look at it when I show them a copy for the first time. I'm able to see it fresh through their eyes. You can pick one up at bookdepsoitory.com or Waterstones in Europe.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just ordered your book..Really looking forward to learning more about you and your drawing adventures

Patricia Wafer said...

Congratulations on your new book, tommy! I'm gonna buy me one.

ullam said...

This one made me order your book! Can't wait to see it, and also see you at Sketchbook Skool!

сustom-papers.us said...

Thank's for the post,so interesting.

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社