Mar 31, 2014

The Highest Of Praises



I received an e-mail from a PULITZER PRIZE winning author commenting on my new book. Did I mention that the author has won a PULITZER PRIZE? I believe I did but it was worth mentioning again. It's not everyday that jackasses like myself get to put out a book of all their silly little cartoons. Mine also happens to have a lot of my sophomoric writing in it. Frank Gilroy, is the said PRIZE winning wordsmith. He said my book was "unique, hypnotic and engrossing." Then he had this to say. "Amen that Ruth told me to read it with a magnifying glass handy. Anyone who doesn't use one misses your words which are vital accompaniment to what you draw." As you can imagine, when I read that, I jumped up and did a little happy dance. An actual TONY AWARD winning writer liked the dumb things little old me wrote. I'm speechless. Maybe my book is actually good. Who'd have thunk it. Ruth, by the way, is Frank's wife and she is the real hero of the story. She is the one who discovered me and forced Frank to look at my tome. If you want to read some great books, check any of his out. Private, Lake, Crooning and my favorite: Writing for Love And/Or Money (which is a biography of his life as a writer).

My book is available in Europe at Amazon.co.uk It's also available for instant delivery anywhere in the world at, The Book Depository.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Amen that Ruth told me to read it with a magnifying glass handy. Anyone who doesn't use one misses your words which are vital accompaniment to what you draw."

I love the words. You gotta read the words in the drawings. It's be like reading an old MAD magazine without looking at the doodles in the margins or actually folding in the 3 pane fold in on the back cover. It just aint the same.
Ed Beard

kane said...

You are my main man Ed.

Lori said...

Way cool!

PAUL said...

Way to go Tommy! Can't wait until Amazon delivers.

PAUL said...

On second thought I cancelled Amazon and went with Book Depository. Hopefully the book will come faster. Amazon shows August release. I can't hold my breath that long.

kane said...

Good move.

Darlene Campbell said...

EEK! Perhaps if you do a second printing he could endorse the book for you. AWESOME BEYOND BELIEF! So happy for you. Thanks for the tip to order with Book Depository.

PAUL said...

Sure thing. I am hoping they are fast.

PAUL said...

Sure thing. I am hoping they are fast.

сustom-papers.us said...

i can't believe. thank's for the information

Helen Grover said...

I know exactly how you feel because that's how I felt when you gave me a like on my first colored pencil sketch posted on FB sketchbook skool! I am waiting with anticipation till my copy of your book arrives at my door! Congratulations! I hope you savour every second of this successful endeavor!

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社