Sep 30, 2013

Breaking Bad



A great television series is like a drug. You get hooked on it and can't stop watching every new episode that comes along. So imagine an addictive TV show which is about 2 guys making drugs for other people to get addicted to. The problem is, these great series have to end at some point. Then what? You try to find a replacement but it's never as good. The great series of late are, The Wire, Sopranos, Homeland, Downton Abbey, Game of thrones and of course, Breaking Bad. I love Treme too but it's a bit of a second tier compared to the others. My latest substitute for Breaking Bad is, Eastbound & Down. It's hilarious. I know that every great writer is out there now sitting at their little typewriters, trying to come up with the next great series. My plea to you is to speed things up a bit. I really need something else great to watch.

6 comments:

Helen Ström said...

You are right about the addiction... right now my preference go for House of cards. Don't know why it's so addictive though!! Not for me who's such a no-drugs type! ha ha ha Silly stories with no real end. Even the music in the introduction makes glued to the screen.

Maywyn Studio said...

There's always "Dr Who" and the Sy Fy channel show "Haven."

Anonymous said...

Check out BBC's Sherlock. Excellent series. I prefered the 2nd season over the 1st.

gypsy said...

Saul is one of my fav characters from BB, fab caricature!

SleepingSun said...

I have a friend who feels exactly like you do! :) He had the whole The WIRE hangover :P dreaming about the characters and thinking about them..
I really liked the portrait of Saul that you have posted! :)

SleepingSun said...
This comment has been removed by the author.