Aug 27, 2013

Portrait Of The Artist As A Portrait



A fan on mine, Paige Weber, did this painting of me. This is what she wrote about it.

First, I have to say I did this portrait off of Tommy's own photo. So, he (or whoever took the photo) should get credit for the picture. And you should know I stole it to use it for my little painting.

I was first introduced to Tommy in an interview he had some years ago. I am a total podcast fanatic, especially when the interviewee is an artist. I am pretty sure Von Glitscha was interviewing him. I was intrigued. I checked out his work online and became a fan. Not only is he totally interesting, he's very, very talented. And funny. (Check out his videos.)

I even asked him to speak at my 2007 Senior Design show, but he was unable attend. He did send me a cool print and a nice note, however. I have never forgotten that kindness; the print hangs in my house along with some of his other work. Go check him out on the inter-webs if you're looking for some fun eye candy.

11 comments:

kane said...

nice job, Paige.

Anonymous said...

You look especially handsome .
Ed Beard

kane said...

Better than real life.

Paige Weber said...

Thanks, Tommy! And, thanks for posting this here, too. ;) Super awesome!

The groovy thing . . . My nephew is a total fan of yours, too. He saw this online before I had a chance to tell him about it. I think he thinks I am one of the cool kids now. :)

kane said...

You sure are.

Alec Weber said...

I sure do think that. :)

Oil Paintings said...

Cool,real man.

Obat Tradisional Maag said...

I like your photo

kane said...

Paige is super cool.

Katrina Sophia said...

that is a really good painting of you! liked her facebook page

喜洋洋 said...

高雄縣徵信商業同業公會
南部徵信聯盟
外遇觀測站
大愛離婚諮詢網
離婚大剖析
大愛徵信有限公司
尋人專家徵信服務網
女人徵信公司
華陀徵信
離婚協助中心
跟蹤蒐證徵信器材網
抓姦觀測
大愛徵信
溫馨徵信
成功徵信社