Aug 14, 2013

Mom's Plants



We visited my parents at their beach house on the New Jersey shore. I was looking for something to draw and I noticed these 2 nice plants growing in the backyard. They were up on a medal table. My mom told me she likes to go to Lowes. She said they have a table that is full of dead plants. You can have them for 99 cents. My mom buys the dead plants. You heard me right. She takes them home and sticks them in the backyard and they start to come to life. After a while they begin to bloom and look really good. I'm not sure I would ever do something like that but I have to give her credit. She knows her stuff.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a bunch of plants in my garage I paid full price for at Lowes. I get a new crop every year. They are now dead as stones, just pots filled with dirt and some brown stems sticking up.
Ed Beard

kane said...

My mom could turn them into redwood trees.

erma said...

Yes, I bet she could.

kane said...

And sell them for 10 bucks each.