Jun 12, 2013

When Being Gross Is Great





I've written similar blog posts about this subject before, but each time it happens, I jump for joy. Every once in a while, I notice that the people making comments and liking my work happen to be the best artists in the world. At first, when I spot the comments, I scratch my head in disbelief. Then I check to make sure it is who I think it is. When it turns out to be true, I do the happy dance. One recent such visitor, who seems to be a fan, is the one and only Alex Gross. I consider him, one of the greatest living painters in the world today. If you think I'm kidding, just check out his work here. Click on the section that says, Paintings. Why this giant of the art world wastes his time looking and my scribbles is beyond me. But, I'm glad he does. Alex makes me feel like I don't have to sit at the kids dinner table but that I may be invited to hang out with the adults once in a while.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool. Congrats.
Ed Beard

kane said...

I'll take it.

Mr Tazab said...

As a fan of Tommy and Alex, I'm not so surprised to learn that Alex reads your blog!