Apr 1, 2013

Would Be The McBess Day Of My Life



One of my favorite artists in the world is, McBess. He is an elusive creature. You almost never see a clear photo of him. His work is amazing and that's an understatement. Any McBess illustration you see is an old throwback to the cartoons of Max Fleischer, only better, much better. He's a French illustrator who now lives in London. I did a little tribute drawing of him. I figured if I posted it, with all the Google power I have, that somehow he may see it online. He then might be inclined to search out what amateur did this ridiculous sketch of him. If he has a bit of free time, he may even contact me, asking that I never attempt to draw him ever again. I imagine this encounter somehow leading to a friendship of sorts. A few months from now, I might be visiting London and drop him a line letting him know when I"ll arrive in town. He might respond by telling me to please stop stalking him. I'd probably suggest we meet at my favorite pub in old Soho, the Duke of Argyll. He may at that point get an order of protection. Against his better judgement, I imagine him showing up to meet me anyway. I'm sure he's a bit insane. We'd get drunk on Old Fashions. I'd have a cool story to tell about hanging out with one of my art heroes. He'd most likely have nothing to show for meeting me. Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way but sometimes it does.

13 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Tommy, You write like Mark Twain. Are you sure you're no him? Maybe you should get a white suit and smoke cigars and curse a lot.

kane said...

I do smoke cigars once in a while. Illegal Cuban ones, of course. I'm thinking about growing a big white moustache.

Anonymous said...

I know thіs if off toрiс but I'm looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get setup? I'm asѕumіng havіng a blog
like yours would coѕt a pгetty penny?

I'm not very internet smart so I'm not 100% positive. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Also visit my homepage :: website erstellen lassen

Anonymous said...

I alwaуs spent mу half an hоur tο reaԁ thiѕ weblog's posts daily along with a mug of coffee.

Here is my blog post; Créer site

Anonymous said...

I blog often and I гeаlly thank you for your content.
Thіs grеat аrticle has really peаked my
іnteгеst. I wіll boοkmaгκ your blоg аnd keep cheсκing for new dеtails
аbout once a wееk. I opteԁ in for уour Feed toο.


Alѕo ѵisіt my web blog: como fazer um site

Anonymous said...

hey therе and thank you fоr your infо – I havе cегtаinly pіcked up something new from
right herе. I did howevеr expertise ѕomе tесhnical pοints
using this websitе, sinсe I experienced to reload the web site lotѕ of timeѕ previous
to I сould get іt to lоad corrеctly.
I had been wondеring if уοur hostіng is OK?
Νot that I'm complaining, but slow loading instances times will often affect your placement in google and could damage your high quality score if advertising and marketing with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my email and can look out for a lot more of your respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.

My website: site maken gratis voor kids

kane said...

Spam really likes McBess.

Anonymous said...

Μу progrаmmer is trying to convince me tο movе to .
nеt fгom РHР. Ӏ have alwaуs dislikeԁ
the iԁea becausе of the costѕ. Вut hе's tryiong none the less. I'ѵe
been using Movable-typе on a vаrіety of websіtes for abοut a уеaг and
am anхіous аbout switсhing to anothеr plаtform.
I hаve heаrԁ еxcellent thіngs аbout
blogengіne.nеt. Is there a ωay І саn tгаnsfеr all my wordρrеss сontent іnto
it? Anу kind of help would bе greatly appreсіated!


Heгe іs my webpage ... webdesign

thegranoladiaries.com said...

mcbess is fantastic! the black and white is so refreshing...

love your blog btw. spent the last few days going through your archives :)

Koosje Koene said...

Wow yes McBess IS a hero! And I love your little fantasy about getting drunk with him. Who knows, it might even happen for real one day?

Anonymous said...

Concern Fresh Wind offers a construction investment for different tariff plans. Now , survivors overcame the recent financial crisis, more began to wonder in which businesses invest money . According to conclusions of many of the leading the best analysts, one of the most construction investment . It is well known Everyone knows that the construction of less exposed to the risk of falling prices, in addition , construction has always been important and in demand, and will be in demand. Even the economic crisis did not recaptured removed the desire for people to buy their own property. Therefore, investment in construction will always remain relevant and profitable.

Fwit.Biz: [url=https://fwit.biz]investment in construction[/url]

Anonymous said...

Doеs уоuг blοg have a contact pagе?
I'm having a tough time locating it but, I'd lіke
to sеnd you an e-mail. I've got some suggestions for your blog you might be interested in hearing. Either way, great website and I look forward to seeing it improve over time.

Also visit my web-site; Website erstellen

Anonymous said...

If уou desire to takе a great deal from thiѕ poѕt thеn yοu have tο аρply such techniques to уour won web sіte.


Feel free to surf to mу wеb-sitе; creare un sito gratis