Apr 7, 2013

The Next Month





This is the next installment of my Jogyesa drawings. I'm hoping these drawings are going to bring me a lot of Karma. I can feel it already. Last time I was in Seoul, Yun came with me. The headmaster of the Temple wanted to meet her. He took us out to dinner. It was a restaurant that only served Buddhist cuisine. We had a fourteen course meal. Do-mun only speaks Korean so Yun had to translate. He described in great detail every course that was brought out. Buddhists don't eat meat so we were served a lot of exotic plants and mushrooms. Some things we ate were moss and fungus that grows on rocks and has to be peeled off. Everything was delicious and filling. I was stuffed. We were even served a liqueur that was made from pine needles. It was non-alcoholic because Buddhists don't drink. I think I got a little drunk from it though. The restaurant was across from the Temple. They even had some photos showing Richard Gere eating there. It was quite a unique experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pine needle liqueur would be great at Christmas. It'd be like drinking your Christmas tree.
Ed Beard

kane said...

You are hilarious.

Serena Lewis said...

That would have been quite an experience! I knew Buddhists were vegetarian but I didn't know that they didn't drink. Interesting! Love your drawings and I hope they bring you lots of good Karma. :)