Mar 11, 2013

The End Of New York's Little Italy



The Daily News says that Little Italy is over. A lot of the famous old restaurants are about to close. The rents are going through the roof. Say goodbye to Umbertos Clam House. It will soon be a few blocks of boutique shops, condos and little hotels. On Grand street is 2 old cheese shops, Dipalos and Alleva. I hope they don't close too. They've been there forever. Once in a while, I head over there for a sandwich. When you stand in Dipalos, there are 30 huge prosciuttos hanging on the walls. Giant wheels of cheese are stacked up everywhere. The smell is overwhelming. My mouth is drooling just thinking about the place. The joint may not survive because, Lord knows, we need another Chase Bank or sneaker store in it's place.

9 comments:

fados do lar said...

your work is amazing!
great job!

Jennifer said...

Nice painting

Miguel Herranz said...

I've felt sometimes that sensation that you're drawing something that will disappear and your page is some kind of testimony. It's not joyful (let's say). Great drawing as usual.

Anonymous said...

That would be a good twilight zone episode. After you paint a scene it always disappears.
Ed Beard

kane said...

I agree.

Bethany Coe said...

This is so good, I love your illustrations!

Anonymous said...

great post, very informative. I'm wondering why the other experts of this sector don't notice this.
You should proceed your writing. I'm confident, you've a huge readers' base already! zobacz to, http://monrezo360.com/index.php?do=/blog/97941/sex-anonse/
My web site > zobacz to

Koosje Koene said...

No way, not a fair trade to choose sneakers over Ricotta! Awesome artwork of a beautiful place.

Anonymous said...

Its such as you read my thoughts! You appear to understand so much approximately this, such as you wrote the e book in
it or something. I feel that you just could do
with a few p.c. to pressure the message house a bit, but instead of that, this is wonderful
blog. A great read. I will definitely be back.



Stop by my web site: weight loss calculator