Jan 26, 2013

Gong Nam Style


Everybody on the planet knows the song, Gangnam Style. The world's biggest star is Psy. The funny thing is, when I go to Korea, I work in Gangnam. Before the song came out, the area didn't mean that much to me. It was groovy and all, but still it was no big deal. Now when I see a sign that says, welcome to Gangnam, I get all excited. The other day I was in a taxi and saw the sign and I wanted to jump out and take my photo standing in front of it. When Yun and I went to my cousin's wedding in Ireland, the second the Gangnam song came on, everybody jumped up and ran to the dance floor. They all knew every dance move of Psy's song by heart. I knew right then and there that this guy was huge. He's very hard not to like. I put the actual dance steps into my drawing just in case someone doesn't know the moves by now. The weird thing is, I didn't draw this in Gangnam even though I was in Seoul. I was in a different neighborhood at the time. I hope the Gangnam Style police don't give me a ticket when they see this drawing.

5 comments:

Sara Saadouni said...

I really love your blog! Your drawings are so beautiful and complex! It's just a true pleasure to look at them! I particularly enjoy the building ones! SO CooL!
I've started a blog a few weeks ago too: http://sarachan-isback.overblog.com/
Check it out when you get the chance!
Keep up the good work!!

Anonymous said...

Someone made a complete paper flip book of Gangnam Style. Link is below:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=139557269537597&set=vb.552479714780967&type=2&theater

Ed Beard

Vapid Vixen said...

Still can't believe how big that video became.

Love your work. A lot.

fados do lar said...

nice coupon art :D

Anonymous said...

There's certainly a great deal to find out about this topic. I love all the points you've made.

http://www.twitterfollowersreviews.webs.com

my weblog :: teminal