Dec 13, 2012

Tower Bridge Is Not Falling Down



My favorite movie is, A Man For All Seasons. It's a film about Sir Thomas Moore and Henry the Eighth. When I was recently in England, Yun kept telling me I would love to see Tower of London. It's the joint where Henry tortured and whacked all of his rivals, including Tommy Moore. Every time we are in London she asks me if I want to go there to see it. I always say no. I can be difficult like that sometimes. Finally she dragged me there. Tourists stretched as far as the eye could see. People had to wait on lines for hours to get into anything once inside the walls. We stayed for 5 minutes. The Tower Bridge was right outside the walls. I chose to draw that instead. Sorry Sir Thomas.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the way the river looks in this painting.

yun

Monica said...

Missed a treat.

kane said...

Maybe I go early someday to beat the crowds.

Deborah said...

If you like to read I recommend Hilary Mantel's historical novels about Henry VIII, Cromwell & More - "Wolf Hall" and "Bring Up the Bodies" - fantastic books.

Anonymous said...

A lot of ghosts are in that place, I'd avoid it. I believe Jacob Marley is often see there this time of year.
Ed Beard

kane said...

I believe you Ed.