Oct 15, 2012

RISD


Heading into college, I was a somewhat mediocre artist. There is no way I could have ever gotten into The Rhode Island School of Design. It's the best art school in the US. I was relegated to Buffalo State. Anyway that's a whole other story. I went with Danny Gregory to visit his son Jack, who goes there now. The campus and facilities are over the top amazing. When I was Jack's age, I was not ready to go to a school like that but I am now. I even have a decent portfolio and might even be accepted. The only problem is that I can't live my life over. Oh well, at least I got to visit and see the place. Jack took Danny and I to see the Nature Lab. It's full of stuffed animals and skeletons. The students can draw them in there or check some of them out to draw in their rooms or other studios. I was awestruck. I could have spent the whole weekend locked up in there. I managed to get a bit of free time so I drew this stuffed owl. Some students asked me if I was an alumni. I told them I wasn't but they seemed wary of my answer after looking at my groovy drawing.

9 comments:

Astroluc said...

you and me both, brutha... you and me both.

Unknown said...

Beautiful, Tom!

yun

MJBowden said...

Great Sketch! Years ago I took evening classes at RISD. I had a chance to spend a little time in the nature lab, it was fantastic!

Marc Kluge said...

Amazing sketch! You most certainly outlived "mediocracy" ;-)

kane said...

I'm sort of the King.

Marc Kluge said...

The Kings's speech! ;-)

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they sign out the skeletons for Halloween night?
Ed Beard

kane said...

Ed is the King of Comedy.

help with college paper said...

According to Cameron the follow-up will travel around the different surroundings of Pandora, paying exacting attention to the worlds load help with college term paper!!