Oct 3, 2012

Barber Of Seoulville


There is something cool that I like in Seoul. The place is full of cosmetic surgery places. There must be a million of them. You can have it done in any neighborhood. The cool thing is that people are walking around the streets with all their bandages on the day after they have had surgery done as if nothing is wrong. They don't try to hide it. No one gives a crap. I guess if you are going to do it, then own it. As I was sitting drawing this little barber shop, 2 guys came out of the barber and hung out next to me. They were getting their hair dyed. The guys had their heads taped up with black goo on their heads and big towels around their shoulders to protect their clothes. They would smoke cigarettes and chat with all of their neighbors as they came by. Both looked ridiculous but no one cared, especially them. They weren't hiding anything. Hey I dye my hair, so what. The whole thing was very funny to me and pleasant in a weird way.

9 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

Hey Tommy, Maybe you could dye your head and then write about the experience. That would be so cool!

Monica said...

So does my DH. hates the thought of white!

kane said...

I could just spray paint it.

Anonymous said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barber's_pole
Hey, wikipedia says barber poles in South Korea sometimes indicate a brothel. Go to the link above and search for "Korea" in the text.
Maybe that is why those guys came out smoking cigs.
Ed Beard

kane said...

I think that is when there are 2 barber poles together. Good research though.

logo mats said...

I've found Lots of necessary information from your blog. Just bookmark your blog for more explore! I will definitely share this post with others. Thanks for sharing.

Negi said...

Thanks for great information you write it very clean. I am very lucky to get this tips from you


Plastic Surgery NYC

Frances Traina said...

I like that about a person when they don't hide anything, no covering up crap.

Anonymous said...

view dDMPIjab [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/]designer outlet online[/URL] , just clicks away DFFzVMlF [URL=http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ ] http://www.cheapdesigner--handbags.weebly.com/ [/URL]