Aug 22, 2012

Minibike


The thing about drawing freehand is one's inability to make a perfect circle. I could use a drawing compass or an elipse guide and make a flawless one but I do not. Pen in shaky hand, I make wobbly little circles. They pass for circles but are not very good. They do have character though. Also I can never find the center of the thing either. I'm always slightly off. So my spokes don't seems to really come from the middle of the wheel. More character I guess. When the character word gets thrown around a lot, it's really code for lousy drawing. At least it looks like a bike.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's the tricky bits between the wheels I can't get right!

Corby Blem said...

"She's got a GREAT personality..."

Anonymous said...

Bet I could do a decent wheely on that thing, until I'd fall and break my butt.
Ed Beard

hirsch said...

Ugh, Suwon....
Dude don't worry about the circles. The style is what matters. Anyone can make a compass-prefect circle. But no one else can make a TK circle.... I like your stilo. - Hirsch

kane said...

I'm always trying to make perfect circles.

Koosje Koene said...

I think the bike looks just fantastic, and the imperfect wheels give the drawing character.