Jun 18, 2012

US Postal Service

Selling prints on Etsy means I spend a lot of time in Post Offices mailing things. It's amazing how they've deteriorated in the United States. The one in Red Hook, Brooklyn, I've abandoned altogether. When they say they open at 9AM, that really means 9:30 or 9:45. Now I go to the one on Canal street in Chinatown. It's like being in the movie, "Groundhog Day" with Bill Murray. Every time I step to the counter,they say the same thing. "Do you have exact change because I can't make change?" Really? That is basically their only job. You would think after years on the verge of going under that someone would get the bright idea to get lots of change from the bank each weekend. I don't mind that no one there can barely speak English. That I kind of dig. It's the not being able to make change thing that drives me nuts. At least my packages still get to their destinations.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just for fun I googled that Post Office and found some reviews. It was great, people were threatening to sue them for losing things and some were just spewing general hate toward them. I had a good laugh, the link is below.
Ed Beard

http://newyork.citysearch.com/profile/7111339/new_york_ny/canal_street_post_office.html

kane said...

That is some scary stuff Ed. It is pretty funny. It's like we like in the third world.

Pa Ul said...

i like this piece of art and post

Pascal said...

Very cool drawing!