May 7, 2012

Stillman & Birn Again

The great paper and sketchbook company, Stillman & Birn are at it again. A while ago they send me a ton of drawing books for free just so I could test drive their products. Well the other day I got home and there was a large package from them. It was a lot more sketchbooks. There was also a note that wished me a happy birthday. Yun was laughing telling me that it was funny getting birthday wishes from a company. She said Mitt was right, companies are people too. I decided to test drive their 8" X 6" heavy weight paper spiral notebook. I dug the size. Perfect for my office. Now I had to decide what would be the best drawing I could do. I figured I would draw the greatest sketchbook artist in the world, James Jean. He also happens to be my hero.

10 comments:

John Woolley said...

Man you've been getting a lot of free art supplies lately. A while back Winsor&Newton sent me some watercolor paints and a sketchbook. Its always fun to get art supplies you didn't have to pay for in the mail. Also, if you like the look of James Dean, you might also like Tim Cantor or Eyvind Earle.

Anonymous said...

James Jean is bookmarked on my computer. Right next to Tommy Kane.

writingbee review said...

truly cool

academia-research said...

Thank you so much for this valuable one :)

BJ said...

Congrats on the new books. . . Michael rocks! He sent me a couple last year for my retirement. Cool drawing as always, love your work.

writingbee review said...

This is really incredible. It’s extraordinary

academia research said...

Very nice site!

writingbee said...

truly cool

Mohka said...

Great site!

Mike said...

What a great post, some brilliant work!