May 2, 2012

Police

This morning I was stopped by the police. That might sound very ominous but it wasn't. I was on the subway platform looking at my phone waiting for the train to arrive. Two policemen walked past where I was sitting and suddenly I felt them stop and back up towards me. Sheepishly one of them said, "excuse me." He was staring at the back of my phone. The protective case to my phone has my famous squirrel holding a handgun logo printed on it. He said, "what is that squirrel? I see it all over the place." The reason that may be is because there are stickers of it illegally plastered all over Brooklyn and Manhattan. I didn't want to lie to the police, so I told them the truth. I said, "these are done by a really famous artist. He's huge in the skateboard culture world. Kids wear his t-shirts and put his stickers all over their skateboards." The police were ecstatic. "Wow, that's cool," they said. Now they had their answer, sort of. Everyone was happy. They can walk around with the mystery of the squirrel with the handgun solved, in case anyone asks them about it. I was happy to have 2 new fans who just happened to be some of New York's finest, even though they didn't realize they were actually talking to the artist himself.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have a PhD in BS-ology. I love that.
Ed Beard

kane said...

A masters.

shebicycles said...

A truly great tale ... (er, tail?). ;)

kane said...

It actually happen, verbatim.

Rod MacGregor said...

You should write a film...funny!

John Woolley said...

Hey! are YOU banksy?

kane said...

Ok, I confess.

essay-writing-service review said...

very impressive!

essaycapital review said...

WOW!

customessays.co.uk said...

This is really incredible. It’s extraordinary

essay-writing-service said...

very impressive!

writingbee review said...

I would personally say that it's perfect for everyone wants to know about it.

academia-research said...

Nice tips!

Geri Centonze said...

Love your work!

R. Hendricks said...

Awesome story! I still have one of your stickers. I am headed to NYC for a few days and I will be on the lookout for angry squirrels. Is there anything off the beaten path that I should try to see when I am there?