Mar 29, 2012

Stomach Growls


When I travel for work, after a while I start to get out of sorts. Usually it has to do with my eating habits. My clock is mixed up, so at breakfast I crave dinner. I have been chowing down on huge breakfasts to make up for it. In Seoul, everyone eats lunch way earlier than in America. By 11:45AM I am being asked what I want for lunch. It's the last thing on my mind because I am still full from my giant breakfast. Later when I am hungry, all the food is gone. My lunch starts to look uneatable by then. Sometimes I manage half a sandwich. By dinner I'm all confused because my body thinks I should have breakfast. Because I'm at some photo studio, my dinner is brought to me in plastic buckets. I have trouble looking at it and trying to figure out what it is. So I take a pass. This leads to a downward spiral that I can't ever seem to get out of. Food has never been a big part of my life. I never think about what I am going to eat for my next meal. I sort of just eat whatever is put in front of me. I'm usually too busy drawing, filming, painting, working or doing squirrel activity. Also I'm one year older today.

18 comments:

Scott Rasmussen said...

Happy Birthday Tommy!! Have a donut!

Margo said...

Happy Birthday!

Toad said...

Never eat on your birthday, but always have great fun.

Irina said...

Happy Birthday, Tommy!
Thank you so much for you amazing sketches and smart and funny texts.

Anns Art said...

♪♪♫♫♪Happy Birthday to you...♪♪♫♫♪ Eat Cake!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
Ed Beard

kane said...

No food on my birthday

Brian Lapsley said...

Hippie Birthday Tommy!

shebicycles said...

Older, and better ... wishing you a very Happy Birthday. Love the camera, and the phrase about "doing squirrel activity". Smiling.

kane said...

Squirrels are always doing squirrel activity.

Mr.T said...

Lovely illustration, get this one up on your Etsy store! Oh and Happy Birthday!

Ann said...

Happy Birthday Tommy. Love you work

academia-research said...

Thank you so much for this valuable one :)

Kitty said...

oh happy birthday Tom!!! woohooo!!!
I wish you many more bdays..at home.
Hope you get some birthday cake in. We miss you here.

xo

academia-research said...

Keep up the good work – for sure i will check out more posts.

academia-research review said...

Interesting post. Thanks.

Molly said...

Happy belated birthday, my squirrelly friend! :-)

Redpath said...

Hippie Birthday Tommy!