Mar 3, 2012

Metal Chopsticks


In Korea they use metal chopsticks. I have heard a lot of theories and read about it but I still don't know the real answer. Maybe there is no real answer. They do look cool. Maybe that's the reason. In my hotel room in Seoul, I overlook the skating rink. The hotel has a beautiful one. It is lit with incredible purple lighting. The trees are full of a million Christmas lights too. Many nights when I look out onto the ice, I see 2 people sitting there. They always seem to be under a heater at a little table. Finally the mystery was solved for me by Yun. She said the hotel offered people the option to buy the rink late at night so guys could romantically propose marriage to their girlfriends. I have to admit it is an amazing view of the city from there. You can buy different levels, with food, champagne or dessert. I'm sure none of the couples are using metal chopsticks under that heater. They would probably burn their little fingers trying to propose.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

this turned out beautifully, Tommy! well worth the sacrifice of staring at the food and not using your utensils at lunch!

yun

getessay said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting information. I think this is really a very nice post.

essay writing said...

Thank you so much for this valuable one :)

masterpapers.com said...

Nice tips!

essays online said...

Yeahh... I think it is so difficult to do this.

kpwriting.com said...

Please one more post about that.I wonder how you got so good. This is really a fascinating blog, lots of stuff that I can get into. One thing I just want to say is that your Blog is so perfect

banksy canvas said...

What's wrong with wooden ones?

Personalized chopsticks said...

A little practice will teach you how to use chopsticks. Once you think you have mastered the movement just practice picking up small objects that would resemble the pieces of food. Remember, chopsticks are not designed for cutting, so when using chopsticks to eat food, make sure that it is already cut into bite-sized portions.