Feb 5, 2012

Canson Paper


Recently Canson Papers send me a free sampling of their gorgeous drawing books. I have always been a huge fan of their papers and drawing books. Most of the watercolors I do are done on Canson cold press watercolors blocks. I was very surprised when Kimberly Bolduc, a manager at Canson sent me tons of free drawing books to try out. I felt I must be good at drawing if companies are sending me their stuff for no charge out of the blue. A celebrity endorsement of sorts. So I finally got to give them a trial run. Inside the War Museum in Seoul is a room that holds 3 ships. One is quite large. That is the one I drew and painted. The place was full of little kids. Many looked like they were on school trips. I became a big attraction. Everyone wanted to take photos with me. Doing my drawing started to become secondary. It's a real struggle but I don't mind. Some people lingered for a long time watching me. I was able to make the painting come out pretty good under the pressure of the circumstances. Notice how nice it looks on paper I didn't have to pay for.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! I was obsessed with the gubooksun when i was little! i cant believe you drew it!

yun

kane said...

I'm Korean.

Kit Gaume said...

Your passion and talent always seem to catch the details that matter, combined with your inviting and friendly style of writing, it clicks with people very well....you wear your art on your sleeve for all to see...thanks!

Bob Mrotek said...

Yes, yes, Tommy but what weight of paper do you prefer? I hang on your every word.

academia research said...

very interesting post!

kane said...

140 LB.
Good question.

Ze said...

Totally awesome drawing Tommy. I like it a lot. I will not dare put my finger near the dragon's mouth. Looks like it might bite me.

Cheers!

Visit said...

kane, I agree with you! This is really good question!

resume writers said...

thanks a lot for the post! very interesting!

kane said...

I think it's a turtle who looks like a dragon.

vivacrown.com said...

Your article was very helpful. I'm really grateful.

bestessay4u.com said...

I agree with your idea.You look like very talented.It is very happy to meet you. Thank you!

celebrity endorsements said...

Great article very well written.

justessay.com said...

well done!

dissertationrelief review said...

Thanks for the great article here at your blog. I know it will help me and many others.

getessay.com said...

your blog is awesome

dissertationrelief said...

I have never read one of such articles before!

resumewritersworld said...

good idea=)

Concertina Razor Wire said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well.

Laura said...

wow! I was obsessed with the gubooksun when i was little! i cant believe you drew it! yun