Dec 31, 2011

Martini Time


There is a very famous restaurant in New Orleans called The Commanders Palace. Yun and I were in New Orleans for the holidays with my cousin Eileen and her husband Mike. We were all reading the lunch menu when Mike noticed that martinis were 25 cents. Say what? There it was in black and white. It seemed like a challenge so we had to order them. We noticed the waiters carrying these tiny little cute drinks so we figured that the martinis were little, like sliders. To our surprise, when they arrived they were regular martinis. There was a limit of 3 per person. We only had 2 each. Later Mike regretted that we didn't go the distance and get 3 each. It was hard to do because we had to survive more drinking later on into the evening. Anyway it was a nice start to our vacation.

15 comments:

KBPortraits said...

I live in Ontario, Canada. A 60 oz bottle of Smirnoff here is $55 and you can only buy them at the LCBO (not that I buy bottles that size on a regular basis) and the last martini I had cost me close to $10. I visited my brother in Arizona last year and bought a 60 oz bottle from the grocery store for $17 and a martini at a bar for $1!! Just about blew my mind!!!

Monica said...

New Orleans is civilized

samedayessay.com said...

This is absolutely awesom! Great work!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tommy!
Great worksssss!
you follow me in ouhwee.blogspot.com, but i moving to sirographics.tumblr.com!
keep in contact!

Siro

OuhWee said...

sorry!! i was out of my account!
http://sirographics.tumblr.com/
http://sirographics.tumblr.com/
http://sirographics.tumblr.com/

maldives cruise said...

The good enough article of I is very interesting.

essay writing uk said...

Very nice!

cheap research paper writing said...

Blogs are so interactive where we get lots of informative on any topics...... nice job keep it up !!

custom essays said...

You look like very talented.It is very happy to meet you. Thank you!

vacation to maldives said...

This is so cool..thanks so much for the info. Love it!

Business VoIP said...

Simply Excellent!
business voip

business phone and broadband said...

Great work.
business phone and broadband

Business IT Support London said...

It’s excellent blog without a doubt. It is really nice to see this and I found that it’s well-informed.
business it support london

Business IT Support London said...

It’s excellent blog without a doubt. It is really nice to see this and I found that it’s well-informed.
business it support london

DEWHURST TOULSON said...

Anyway it was a nice start to our vacation.
free dissertation topics