Sep 30, 2011

Maple Tree


I had a bit of time to kill so I drew one of the most cooperative models to sketch. A tree. This was one well behaved maple. The maple trees in Korean seem different from the ones I'm used to seeing in the states. These are indigenous to China and Japan as well. What I like about them is that they look like giant bonsai. My mother-in-law has the same fascination with trees as I do. Recently I took her to The Brooklyn Botanical Gardens. There was a bunch of trees from Korea scattered about the place. They made her nostalgic for her homeland. After our little jaunt to the Gardens I was even more aware of the trees in Seoul this time. As fall approaches, I dread the end of summer. I don't like when the leaves go away. Autumn is beautiful and all but it still makes me sad.

10 comments:

Ann's Art said...

In your usual great style how could a tree not stand out! Lovely painting.

Monica said...

it does look like a tree i have seen in some exotic garden or maybe it was up in Ft Worth in their impressive Japanese garden.

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful, tk!

yun

kane said...

The Koreans love it.

jobs writing said...

That is amazing. I absolutely love it!

custom writing said...

Nice post. Thanks a lot!

essay writing said...

Thanks for sharing such an interesting information. I think this is really a very nice post. Thanks for the great content!

custom essay said...

nice tree )))

custom essay said...

Thanks for posting this useful info. It really helped me

Mohka said...

Great site, thanks alot.