Sep 11, 2011

Family Ties


This summer my niece Megan came to visit me. She brought along four friends. The unfortunate thing was, they came during a 100 degree heat wave. Being southerners it didn't seem to faze them much. Megan is just out of college and she works as a teacher. She also happens to be an incredibly impressive person and so are each of her friends. Their names are Travis, Taylor and Tiffany. One of their parents was smart enough to not go along with the naming their kids with a T thing. His name is Ross. They were so polite and well behaved, unlike the hipsters of Brooklyn. How she is related to me I do not know. My sister sure knows how to raise kids. As a gift, they sent me these amazing drawings as you can see. I didn't know they had it in them. Check out the squirrel they did. It has to be the best squirrel ever and the best gift ever. Actually having great family members who come visit is the best gift ever. They also sent me 2 CDs of their favorite band from Raleigh, North Carolina. The Avett Brothers. The gifts were very personal, sharing things with me that they all love. Now I love them too.

11 comments:

Ann's Art said...

Cool!

Don McNulty said...

I like the cupcake a lot better than the gun Tommy.

kane said...

It's much improved.

Becca said...

Time connecting with family and friends is so rewarding. New artwork is added bonus. Yeah!

kane said...

Double pleasure.

Maureen said...

Oh, that's so great! The squirrel is amazing, reminds me so much of Eric Carle, and how he paints the scraps of paper that goes into his illustrations.

I had a similar experience this summer. One of my youngest cousins came to town this summer with 3 friends to train at the Cleveland Clinic, and it was such a joy to take them around and show them the sites. At the end of the night, I saw that they had left dollar bills hidden all over my car for gas, because they knew that I'd refuse any money.

best essays said...

nice photo!

Ron said...

Totally cool. Great squirrel. I went to university in Raleigh but that was ages ago.

college research papers said...

Thanks for this post.

flash template said...

Interesting! information! thanks a for sharing!

help with dissertation writing said...

pretty squrell )))