Jul 18, 2011

Swan Lake


Yun and I spent a weekend in Pennsylvania. There were no swans and no lake. A few geese and some hawks perhaps. I spotted this planter shaped like a swan and figured it would be a good subject. It wouldn't move which is one good thing.

There are times when I have to write but nothing pops into my head. So I just write anything and usually it leads to something and then nonsense just flows out of me. Not this time. I wrote those first few meaningless lines of dribble and nothing happened. No jokes, no funny tales of my weekend, just a blank. So I'll just go with the blank. Being clever all the time is hard. I almost never give up. Today I just don't have it in me. Good thing writers blog doesn't last very long with me.

2 comments:

Moish said...

That swan is staring at me like a monster.
I saw the video you produced with Danny Gregory. Nice work!

Lars Käker said...

Dear Tommy,
I grant “The Sunshine Award 2011” to you for your stunning art blog:
http://portraits2null.blogspot.com/2011/07/blog-award-no-3.html

The rules:
- Thank the person who gave you this award.
- Write a post about it.
- Answer to the questions below.
- Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them know.

The questions:
01. Your favorite color?
02. Your favorite animal?
03. Your favorite number?
04. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink?
05. You join facebook or twitter?
06. What’s your passion?
07. What´s your favorite: getting or giving presents?
08. Your favorite pattern?
09. Your favorite day of the week?
10. Your favorite flower?

Best regards - Lars