Jul 18, 2011

Flower Arranging


I was sitting in someone's backyard looking for someone to pose for me. The potted plant volunteered. When most people draw something like this, they would never actually draw every leaf and stem in their actual positions. An artist would give you the impression of what these flowers were like. They would basically fake most of it. Only someone with severe OCD would actually draw every leaf precisely. That's where I come in. Even when I make my first few pen strokes for something like this, I groan to myself, "what the hell are you doing?" It always seems to come out good but the process is daunting. It's sort of like eating jalapeno peppers, no matter how many times I get burned, I always go back for more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello guys,

Would you like to watch Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World? It is not released yet but you can watch it online already!

Click here to [url=http://watch-spykids4allthetimeintheworld-online.com/watch-spykids4allthetimeintheworld-online-free.php]watch Spy Kids 4: All the Time in the World online[/url]

kane said...

great.

JaneA said...

Love the drawing. Could be a begonia plant? Otherwise, who knows. But it sure is pretty. I've never drawn a plant with such dedication. Very admirable of you. I always get mixed up... "did I draw that leaf already?" and then start improvising from there.

Something Different said...

That OCD is a blessing and a curse.

Earl M Boyer Jr said...

I agree its hard to know when to stop but its good, the plant you sketched, I like your pen and inks and your NY art keep doing art, your good.