Jun 2, 2011

Ear Yeeee, Ear Yeeee


When Yun and I were on vacation in Seattle, she took me to an island off the coast for our anniversary. It was suppose to be a romantic getaway but I was deathly ill. I had a cold for a week and a half and wasn't improving. this is a sketch I managed to do on the island in the rain. In the morning, I woke up with a splitting ear ache. The worst one I ever had. It lasted 12 hours. Yun got me a prescription for antibiotics from a family doctor. I was going down hill fast. I suffered all day. The next morning when I woke up, Yun looked at me in shock. There was blood on the pillow. It was coming out of my ears. That was a first. We went to a doctor and they assured me I was fine. There is nothing worse than being away from home and sick as a dog. Even in my desperate condition, I did manage to make a few great drawings.

Check out what the great Gabi Campanario wrote about me on Urban Sketchers. Click here.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bleeding from the ear can be a sign of insanity, you may want to ........naaah just kidding.
Great drawing, love the trees.
Gabi and you make a serious team.
Ed Beard

Vyankatesh said...

Wonderful painting!!

Ann's Art said...

Hope you are feeling much better, and great painting considering you were ill. Yun must have been so worried. all the best. ann.

Jen Appel said...

Wow - not that you should have an ear ache to sketch but this one is really great. I can almost seem the water moving along the shore. Lovely! Hope you are feeling better.

lilotte said...

Hope you feel better now. I saw on the video the pen you use : it looks like one which is not permanent, how can you paint with watercolour over it ? I'm very anxious to find one pen which is very black and permanent in the same time.
I love your drawings.

Peter Bangs said...

If you're gonna do stuff this good when you're sick as a pig you're really gonna set the bar high for the rest of us. How long did you sit there doing this? I rarely get ore than 5 minutes tops for a sketch with a frenetic 2.5 year old in constant tow.

Hope you're feeling back to normal now and looking forward to more amazing sketches.

kane said...

Uniball pens are waterproof.

Humberto Dib said...

Great work, I'll be following you, cheers from Argentina!
Humberto.

Through_My_Eyes said...

Absolutely amazing drawings!! Ever since I saw your work on Danny Gregory's blog I've been an admirer.

- Check out jetpens.com and find the Pilot HiTech .3 mm rollerballs. They are gel pens and have a beautiful fine line - makes your eyes bleed. Similar to crow quill pens with india ink.

Tommy - get some garlic and chop it up. Put it against the skin below the ear and hold it on a bandage for the night. Get better!

Pascal said...

Wow, this drawing is first class!

Something Different said...

This has a very photographic qulaity to it.