Mar 28, 2011

Catherine The Great


A few weeks ago Yun took me to see an opera at the Brooklyn Academy of Music. I don't know the name of what we saw but it was a clever show. We didn't make it through the whole show. At halftime, Yun asked if I had enough and did I want to go and eat something. I was hungry so I agreed. There is a little restaurant across the street called Berlyn. You literally feel like you are in the real Berlin. The joint was completely empty. We ordered and were waiting for our food when Yun said to me quietly, "that looks like Catherine Deneuve right behind you." I turned around to look, then I turned back to Yun and said, "that IS Catherine Deneuve." She put on her coat and walked past us to the door. Once outside I saw a bunch of paparazzi flashing away at her. She smiled and smoked her cigarette for them. I read later that the Brooklyn Academy of Music was doing a retrospective of all of her films. She must have been there to speak. It's funny that within a few months, Yun and I have run into her and Gerard Depardieu. I'm half expecting to run into Marice Chevalier any day now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is really a nice sketch of her! Love it.

Ori tadeu Feijo said...

Muito bom seu trabalho, esta de parabéns. sei que falam outro idioma, mas o google traduz né heheheh

kane said...

I wish I knew what you said Ori, sounds good.

Anonymous said...

Hey Ori,
Disse: Eu desejo que eu soube o que você disse Ori, sôo bom.
Barba de Ed

Pepe Farrés said...

Nice...Beautiful...Amazing !!!

lilotte said...

Are they the only french stars you know ? Poor Maurice, he has been dead for centuries.