Jan 2, 2011

Shirley Temples



If you look up in the trees as you walk through Angkor Wat, you will notice what looks like enormous 50 pound growths. They are bee hives and they're everywhere. You feel like giant bees may swoop down and carry you away at any moment. As one strolls along the jungle paths between temples you notice very large mounds just like the ones I saw in Africa. Termites. When I was drawing on the streets of Siem Reap, I heard a strange sound all around me. Looking up in the trees, I realized they were completely full of bats. Not cute little American bats, but BATS. Nature is constantly assaulting you there. From the smells to the crazy visuals. There also seemed to be music wherever we went. At Angkor there was always a traditional Khmer band playing along one of the paths. They are on the streets and in front of the pagodas. The music sounded like a mix of Middle Eastern and Celtic. Each night I was exhausted from all the assaults. I would pass out and sleep like a baby through my jet lag.

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Wow, sounds like a really great time. :D

Anonymous said...

For the awesome info

I'll be back later.


Thank you!

Have a wonderful and fruitful year :o)


[url=http://www.duracleanaustin.com]rug cleaning austin[/url]