Jan 25, 2011

Hip Pocrisy


Valerie Begue was named Miss France in 2008. I guess on her application she failed to mention some of the photos she had posed for previously. There was the one of her laying on top of a giant crucifix wearing a bikini and floating in a swimming pool. I'm not sure how that shot could have slipped her mind. Then there were the ones of her licking evaporated milk or yogurt off a table in a very suggestive manner. I can see not remembering those ones. Her hair and makeup weren't so good in those. Then there was the wet t-shirt, nip showing shots too. Oops, forgot about those. Being truthful has clearly gone out of vogue in the past decade or so. Truthiness has taken over. Alex Rodriguez looks into the camera and says he never did steroids. Then he has to back pedal when his truthiness is exposed. Newt Gingrich leads the way in impeaching Clinton for having an affair. Then it comes out that he too was having an affair while he was saying how terrible it was to do so. Old Charlie Rangel forgot to pay taxes on a few of his vacation homes. That happens to me too sometimes. Forget about the fact he has like four rent controlled apartments in Manhattan. People love to pad their resumes. Add a little truthiness. When I was a kid, I went to Catholic school. There was a clear demarcation when it came to lying. Either you told the truth or you didn't. No truthiness. Now it has become the norm in our society. Everyday politicians, celebrities, and everyday citizens accept the fact, that well, everyone else does it, so why shouldn't I. The only good thing to come out of all this is the fact that I found this funny shot of Miss France to make a painting of. If she hadn't been in some sort of scandal then I would have never come across her photo. Sometimes it pays to fib.

6 comments:

austinmodhouse said...

that prompted an image search, I saw the bikini pool pics and the cat-like milk drink pics... I saw nothing more offensive than the whole beauty pageant gig itself.

even beauty queens have nipples. besides, she's french.

kane said...

I agree BUT the rules state you can't do that stuff. So when you fill out your forms you should NOT lie. Just say I did all these things against your rules. I think the rules are dumb and should be changed. You won't be allowed in the show BUT at least you're an honest person.

Anonymous said...

Nice nips. Just being honest.
Ed Beard

C... said...

Funny I just blogged about something similar except I sort of rambled about a lot of stuff. :)

husar said...

nice blog

+ follower:)

Top 10 Recent said...

Really good article. One extra point. Always make you article, page, or post super interesting to read. Make people want to come back for more.