Oct 5, 2010

I'm The Yank



I have many cousins in Ireland. Years ago I went over there and met a bunch of them. They are wonderful and hilarious people. Recently a few came to New York and stayed with me on separate occasions. We totally hit it off. My cousin Brian told me his brother was getting married in the beginning of October. Yun and I decided to go. My wife really loves Ireland and had never had the chance to visit. I literally have like 60 cousins in Cork. My grandmother's sister stayed in Ireland. She had way too many children who in turn had way too many children. They also happen to be the most fun people I ever met. No family can party like them. My cousin's still run a dairy farm in Cork. We stayed there one night. Yun and I only spent 3 days this time, so I didn't have much time to concentrate on filming. Plus I was so involved with cousin's I hadn't seen in so long or ones I was just meeting for the first time. Somehow I did shoot a little video footage and I managed to put this film together.

5 comments:

meng said...

ive been called a yank a few times here in london as well. your trip sounds like so much fun! there aint nothin better than a massive and close family :)

Felicity said...

Brilliant drawing Tommy! I'm seriously wondering if we have any connections as I'm from Cork and have tons of family there too! Some in the hotel business and some were farming so I wouldn't be surprised if some of them know each other!

kane said...

We're probably cousins Felicity.

Anonymous said...

I like the kids wheeling down the hill. I want to do it too.
Ed Beard

201169 said...

hi! just a short message to say how i admire your work.
so much that i tried with colour pencils to make this wonderful sky you made behind the church! it's on my blog and i make a citation of you!
thanks a lot!