Sep 15, 2010

Tug Tug Tug Your Boat


If you hadn't noticed by now, I have been posting an awful lot of great and elaborate drawings lately. You can see I've developed a cool look for my skies. It evolved slowly over time. I love how they come out. Each painting takes between 4 and 6 hours to complete. It's urban sketching that is not for the faint of heart. I have to really commit to the time to sit on my uncomfortable stool in the street for hours on end. My ass is killing me but I can honestly say it is all worth it. This drawing I did in Montreal. They are torture to do but fun to post when I finish them.

10 comments:

Bob Mrotek said...

The perspective is marvelous and the water is incredibly well done!

Wong Shih Yaw, Abraham said...

This is great!

kane said...

It's only hard work.

Moish said...

Time to find a better stool

Missy said...

That's an awesome picture, I think it was worth the time sitting on your hiney.

kane said...

It's still killin me.

Dzhony_df said...

bravo Tommy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vyankatesh said...

Wonderful painting!!

Jassy Lupa said...

I agree about the water....you got the sky going on, and the water is right up there, just as fantastic! Go Tommy!

Stephanieyygq said...

Wonderful painting!!